Engineering Services - Right of Way
1002 Washington Ave., 2nd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
For the construction of a new driveway and/or sidewalk; or for removing and replacing an existing driveway, sidewalk, and/or curb & gutter.
Permit is valid for one year. Any changes to the original permit requires a revision process.
Must follow the approved traffic stamp site plan to pass all inspections
- Application with project number
- Two copies of drawings or survey
- Log in to iPermits portal account
- Select Building Permit Application from the main menu
- Select Begin New Application.
- Select Commercial Applications to reveal the drop-down menu
- Select One-Stop Commercial Building Permit Application
- Complete the required fields and submit your application.
May require Urban Forestry approval prior to sidewalk/driveway permit approval.
- Completed Sidewalk application
- Drawings or survey
Once you have submitted your iPermits application, you will receive an invitation to upload your plans to ProjectDox:
- Log in to your ProjectDox account. If this is your first time using ProjectDox, a temporary password will be included in your invite.
- Accept your task to upload drawings and documents.
- Upload your drawings and the completed application to the appropriate folders.
- Complete your task to submit your plans to the City for review.
Once construction is completed, client will notify Construction Services Section for inspection.
Call 832-394-9496 to request an inspection.
For inspections on paving inside private property, contact Structural Inspections.