The main functions of the Code Development and Regulatory Affairs section include:
- Coordinate, draft and recommend code amendments.
- Create Code Words for formal interpretations and provide written interpretation of the Houston codes.
- Review and approve requests for alternate methods of construction, review Reduced Occupant Load requests, review Temporary Building Placement requests.
- Distribute public notices to inform the general public and staff of any code changes, updates and training seminars.
- Hosts public seminars as needed to give the public and staff an overview of the code changes, code updates or frequently asked code questions.