water meter permits

Select an option to apply for a water meter.

Text Container
Large Water Meter

Large Water Meter

A large compound meter is a water meter that is 3 inches or larger, and used for domestic and fire services. These may service a permanent structure that can be used for multi-family, commercial, or government.

Small Water Meter

Small Water Meter

Small domestic water meters are any size meter that is 2” and smaller that may service a permanent structure that can be for residential, multi-family, commercial, or government use.

Transient Water Meter

Transient Meter

A transient water meter service is a “temporary” meter typically installed on a publicly-owned fire hydrant. A transient meter is only permitted for commercial use. 

Other Water Meters

HPC Taps & Meters Homepage

This is the Houston Permitting Center Taps and Meters homepage