The Houston Permitting Center (HPC) is excited to announce that we are developing a new permitting system – HouPermits – aimed at streamlining and enhancing our permitting and inspection process.
HouPermits will provide a single, scalable and automated platform that will optimize and enhance the experience of all users as they apply for permits, or fulfil permitting requests. The new system will be a user-friendly web-based platform that will allow our customers to complete their permitting application process entirely online.
|Current System||System In Design||New & Final System Name||New & Final System Logo|
|ILMS||Infor Public Sector (IPS)||HouPermits Back Office|
|Seville||Infor Field Inspector App
or Mobile App
|HouPermits Inspector App|
- Everything is in One Place: HouPermits will serve as a one stop shop for permitting and inspection information, to include ARA and HFD Life Safety Bureau permits and inspections, as well as other areas of the Permitting Center not currently using the legacy system. Online forms will replace emailed forms and other manual processes.
- Automated Capabilities: We are automating administrative changes to projects and permits, which will ease our workload and alleviate paper processes.
- Personalization: Our staff will be able to personalize their lookup grids, tab layouts and dashboards to display their To-Do lists or other information relevant to their unique roles and responsibilities.
- Reporting: Managers and supervisors will have access to dashboards depicting information specific to their projects. They’ll be able to run reports on their own and collaborate in real-time with others involved in the permitting process.
- Mobile App Functionality: Through the Inspector App, inspectors will be able to access the system on their tablets while in the field, eliminating the potential for delayed information through improved reliability. Upon login, Inspectors will see their list of inspections and reassign inspections as needed.
HouPermits is currently in the design phase, meaning we are gathering all the critical requirements that will help us design a system that meets the needs of our staff and customers. This is a multi-year effort. Eventually, HouPermits will replace what we currently know as the Integrated Land Management System or ILMS, the Inspector App, and the customer facing portal, iPermits.
Extensive training will be available to all users prior to go-live. Additional information regarding training will be provided as we get closer to deployment.
Please continue to visit this website for additional information. We will keep you updated on our progress and timeline as we continue to work to enhance our permitting and inspection process.
Last update: August 25, 2021