This permit is issued when an additional structural permit is required for a structure.
Permit must be kept on site until final approval is granted.
- Building Permit Application
- Log in or create an iPermits account
- Complete building permit application
- Pay plan review fee(s)
- Receive email invitation to upload plans.
May require approval by any or all of the following groups based on scope or other conditions: Structural, Planning, Utilities, Stormwater, Traffic, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Infrastructure, Forestry, Sprinklers, Fire Marshall, Health, Engineering, Flood Plain
- Building Permit Application and Complete Set of Plans Uploaded.
- Residential prerequisite checklist
- Based on the scope of the work architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler/standpipe, fire alarm, and fire-suppression drawings may be required.
Once application is approved and the plan review fee (PX) has been paid, an email to upload and submit plans will be sent to the applicant.
S1 permit (if required) is required to be on-site for the inspection. If corrections are required, call 832-394-8840 for reinspection.
Only if the project involves new footprint :
*Effective immediately, a legal form survey must be provided to the inspector on the first scheduled structural inspection. This new requirement applies to all new construction and additions (those that extend the existing footprint). The new requirement includes all slab on grade, and pier and beam foundations.
Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click Submit button.
To schedule inspections, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922.