The Water/Wastewater and Facilities group reviews and administers the easement dedication process for new City owned and maintained public utility and sidewalk easements. We also review plats for detention, public utilities, public easements, etc. as a Houston Public Works representative to the Houston Planning Commission. This section also serves as the representative for the City Engineer in the City’s Joint Referral Committee.
The Water/Wastewater and Facilities group reviews and analyzes public:
- Water line distribution systems
- Wastewater collection system
- Water treatment facilities
- Wastewater treatment facilities
- Lift stations
- Other public plans (projects within right-of-way and easements) for compliance with the City Infrastructure Design Manual, TCEQ Rules and Regulations and/or International Building Codes.