A demolition permit is required for the demolition of any commercial structure or building within the City of Houston.
Permit must be kept on site until final approval is granted.
The Building Official must approve requests for demolition of high-rise buildings. For more information, please contact the Permits Section at 832-394-8899.
- Building permit application
- Asbestos Report
- Sewer disconnect permit and approved inspection
- Fill and Grade permit, for swimming pool demolition only
Note: Before an application for a demolition permit is submitted, a master plumber licensed with the State of Texas and registered with the City of Houston must purchase a plumbing permit to disconnect all sewer and water supply lines connected to the building/structure being demolished. Once the master plumber completes the work, it must be inspected and approved
- Email a completed building permit application and asbestos survey, if applicable, to [email protected]. Note: Sewer disconnect permit must have been purchased and finaled.
- Sales order will by emailed by the Permits Office
- Pay for the permit via iPermits. To create an iPermits account or login visit https://www.hpceservices.org/
Available only for Advance Pay Account holders.
- Fax a completed building permit application and asbestos survey (if applicable) to 832-394-9618.
- A plumbing inspection is required for the sewer disconnect. It must be scheduled by the master plumber.
- A demolition inspection is required once the building has been demolished.
- Permits are required to be on-site for the inspections.
To schedule your inspection online:
1. Visit the website linked below.
2. Enter your project number into the project number field.
3. Click the submit button.
To schedule demolition final inspection, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922.