Office of the City Engineer
1002 Washington Ave., 2nd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
1. Review the City’s current Standard Construction Specifications to verify the product meets the requirements of the standard specifications related to product use.
2. Complete the Product Approval Application. The application contains a complete itemized list of supporting documents required to be submitted to be considered for review.
3. Ensure all information requested in the application is provided and itemized in the same order as presented in the application with a tab divider for each item.
4. To request review of a product, submit the complete application to [email protected].
5. One application shall be filed for each product type.
The Standard Product Review committee receives and screens each application to confirm eligibility of the product. The application will not be considered for review until all supporting documents are received by the Standards Product Review Committee. The completed application is then forwarded to the Wastewater Product Approval committee for a comprehensive review of the product.
The Standard Product Review committee/ Wastewater Product Approval committee may request more information, product samples and/or a product demonstration during the review period.
General Product Approval Information
1. Approved products are subject to ongoing consideration, and the Standard Products Committee may withdraw a product’s acceptance if the committee believes that the product warrants such withdrawal.
2. Product approval may be withdrawn as a result of design or material change, field observation, testing, product failure, or other factors.
3. If product branding or ownership changes for an existing approved wastewater product, submit notification to the committee to update the list with current information. Submit certification that no changes has been made to the design or manufacture of the product.
4. If the company fails to provide the certification, the product will be removed from the list and a full application package will be required to be re-submitted for review.
5. If product(s) is removed from the approved product list, manufacturers or vendors will be notified with a letter outlining the reason(s) for removal.
For questions on the Product Approval process, please contact us at [email protected].
Approved Product List
Webpage Last Update: 09.27.21