Engineering Services - Right of Way
1002 Washington Ave., 2nd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Residential homeowners may repair and replace portions of an existing sidewalk without a permit or bond if the area of repair and replacement:
- Is within the homeowner’s own property lines
- Does not include any portion of the driveway, and
- Is reconstructed in-kind and in accordance with City standards.
The work may be completed by the homeowner or a contractor.
This program excludes the replacement of the sidewalk through the driveway.
It is the responsibility of the homeowner or contractor to contact Houston Parks & Recreation Department’s Urban Forestry if the sidewalk panel to be repaired and replaced is near existing tree roots.
This program does not apply to sidewalk panels associated with new construction, remodeling, or rebuilding of a residential property.
- Notice of Intent
- Notice of Completion
- Email the Notice of Intent at least 2 business days before construction begins to [email protected].
- Email the Notice of Completion no later than 5 business days after construction is completed to [email protected]. City staff will not inspect the sidewalk.