1002 Washington Ave., 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
1002 Washington Ave., 3rd floor
Houston, TX 77002
Permit for the development of a large piece of land where structures will be placed on the site at a later time.
Permit must be kept on site until final approval is granted.
- Building Permit Application
- Declaration in Support of Application for City of Houston Building Permit
- Two Complete Sets of Plans
- Commercial Prerequisite Checklist (CE-1105) and the documentation listed on it
1. Log in or create an iPermits account at: https://www.hpceservices.org/ (IF AVAILABLE)
2. Complete building permit application
3. Pay plan review fee(s)
4. Receive email invitation to upload plans.
May require approval by any or all of the following groups based on scope or other conditions: Structural, Planning, Utilities, Stormwater, Traffic, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Infrastructure, Forestry, Sprinklers, Fire Marshall, Health, Engineering, Flood Plain
- Building Permit Application and Complete Set of Plans Uploaded.
- Based on the scope of the work architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler/standpipe, fire alarm, and fire-suppression drawings may be required.
Once application is approved and the plan review fee (PX) has been paid, an email to upload and submit plans will be sent to the applicant.
Plans and permit are required to be on-site for inspection. If corrections are required, call 832-394-8840 for a reinspection.
Only if the project involves new footprint :
*Effective immediately, a legal form survey must be provided to the inspector on the first scheduled structural inspection. This new requirement applies to all new construction and additions (those that extend the existing footprint). The new requirement includes all slab on grade, and pier and beam foundations.
Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click Submit button.
To schedule inspections, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922. Trade inspections must be scheduled by the appropriate registered licensed contractor.