A plumbing permit is required for Point of intended connection to a fuel gas appliance or device.
A permit must be obtained by a master plumber registered with the City of Houston.
The minimum permit fee is $91.05
- Licensed master plumbers seeking a plumbing permit must register their licenses with the City of Houston.
- A completed copy of the iPermits Acknowledgement Form is required for first-time users of the iPermits system.
To apply for a plumbing permit online:
- Log in or register for an iPermits account at: https://www.pdinet.pd.houstontx.gov/ILMS_Online_Permits/default.asp,
- Complete a plumbing permit application in the iPermits portal,
- Pay any applicable fees associated with the application, and
- Print the permit.
NOTE: If the plumbing permit is associated with a dangerous building or habitability project, a CE-1020 Plumbing Building Permit Application must be completed and submitted via email at [email protected].
Only Available to Advance Pay Account holders
To apply for a plumbing permit by fax, please have your registered master plumber send a completed copy of the CE-1020 Plumbing Building Permit Application to 832.395.9601.
NOTE: The submittal, review and approval of plans may be required for some types of projects. Please contact the Plumbing Section at 832-394-8870 or [email protected] for more information.
All plans must be submitted electronically. To submit your plans for review, follow these steps:
- Log in or register for an iPermits account.
- Complete a permit application in the iPermits portal.
- Pay any applicable fees associated with the application.
- After permit fees have been paid, you will receive an invitation to upload plans into ProjectDox.
- Upload all required documents and drawings to ProjectDox.
- Mark the assigned task "complete" to finalize your plan submission.
For a complete and detail list of steps, please refer to the EPR User guides at https://www.houstonpermittingcenter.org/our-services/eservices
Please keep a copy of the permit and the approved copy of the plans (if applicable) on-site for inspection. If corrections are required, you will need to reschedule the inspection.
To schedule an inspection online:
1. Access our scheduling website through the link below.
2. Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click the Submit button.
3. Select the appropriate permit type from the drop-down box and click the Submit button.
4. Click on the "Request" link.
5. Select the type of inspection(s) that you wish to schedule by clicking on the text box besides it/them.
6. Enter your license number (digits only) and scheduling PIN number and click the Submit button.
To schedule inspections, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922.
Please follow the prompts and have the project number and your scheduling PIN readily available.
In order to schedule an inspection, the master plumber license registrations must be in good standing.
Inspections that repeatedly fail may be charged a re-inspection fee in addition to an admin fee.
Prior to scheduling an inspection, please make sure that the permit is not inactive and that all holds (if any) have been approved.
Applicants may now sign up for email or text notifications via our Inspections Notification System.