1002 Washington Ave., 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Permit must be obtained by a master plumber registered with the City of Houston.
Minimum permit fee is $86.15
- Plumbing Permit Application (CE-1020)
Note: Master Plumber license is required for permit.
- Log in to iPermits or submit an iPermits Acknowledgement Letter (CE-1240) to request an iPermits licensed user account
- Complete the plumbing permit application
- Pay for permit fee
- Permit will be emailed to the applicant
Apply in person at 1002 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77002 or at one of the Satellite Offices
Advance Pay Account holders may apply for the permit by fax.
Fax the completed Plumbing Permit Application (CE-1020) to the Permits Office at 832-395-9621
Two complete plan sets if submitting by paper
- Once fees are paid, you will receive an invitation to upload plans into ProjectDox
- Upload all required documents and drawings
- Mark complete the assigned task.
- Submit documents and plans at the Permits Office located on the first floor at 1002 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77002.
- Plans will be routed to the commercial or plumbing plan examiner.
- Applicant will be notified when plans are ready for pickup.
- Re-submittals are accepted at the Plan Library on the 3rd floor.
Permit must be on site for inspection.
- Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click the Submit button.
- Select the appropriate permit type and click the Submit button.
- Click on the Request link
- Select the appropriate type of inspection
- Enter your license number (digits only) and 4-digit scheduling PIN and click the Submit button.
To schedule inspections, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922.
Please follow the prompts; have your project number and your scheduling PIN readily available.