Hotel or Motel means a building that contains guest rooms designed to be rented or let out for sleeping purposes by guests, but shall not include any use that is considered a special residential use in this article or any other residential use.
It is a defense to prosecution under this article that the hotel is a bed and breakfast facility or is situated wholly within a central business district or a parking management area as defined herein. It is also a defense to prosecution under this article that the application for the building permit under which the hotel is being constructed, altered or remodeled was filed with the building official on or before June 16, 1992.
An applicant seeking hotel/motel approval in accordance with Planning Standards of Chapter 28 of the City of Houston’s Code of Ordinances must complete the following application and submit an electronic copy of the Microsoft Word document to [email protected] prior to 11:00am on the submittal dates adopted by the Houston Planning Commission.
Submit an electronic copy of the Microsoft Word document to [email protected] prior to 11:00am on the submittal dates adopted by the Houston Planning Commission.
Sec. 28-202. - Locational requirements. Sec. 28-205. - Exemptions. Sec. 28-206. - Appeal of denial of building permit. Sec. 28-207. - Variance procedure. Sec. 28-208. - Requirement for a public hearing. Sec. 28-205. - Exemptions
- Complete a Building Permit Application and submit plans through HPW's Building Code Enforcement
- Include a civil or architectural drawn site plan in building permit set. (Paper or Electronic)
- Include subdivision plat and boundary survey
- Log into ProjectDox portal and upload plan set into the appropriate folders.
- Complete the assigned task to notify the City the plan set is ready for review.
- Submit documents and plans at the Permits Office located on the first floor at 1002 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77002.
- Plans will be routed to the Planning Department.
- Applicant will be notified when plans are ready for pickup.
- Re-submittals are accepted at the window on the 3rd floor.