Starting on December 1st, 2023, all vented fireplaces will require permits. Mechanical Inspections will be responsible for making sure these appliances are installed and vented properly.
History of Decorative Appliances
Mechanical Inspections has already required permits and conducted inspections on low-output decoration (decorative appliances only).
Chapter 9 of the Uniform Mechanical Code (UMC) and Chapter 24 of the International Residential Code (IRC) outlines minimum requirements for various types of appliances:
- Decorative appliances for installation in vented fireplaces
- Vented gas fireplaces
- Factory-built fireplaces and fireplace stoves
- Outdoor open-flame decorative appliances
- Decorative appliances for installation in fireplaces
- Vented gas fireplaces- decorative appliances
- Vented gas fireplace heaters
To learn more about this new update:
Email: [email protected]
Contact us by phone: 832-394-8850