Starting Monday, October 18, a new online application will be available for residential minor repairs per spec list. The new application will streamline the permitting process by no longer requiring plan review through ProjectDox. The following types of work are eligible for the new application process:
- Exterior siding
- Garage door and windows
- Roof repairs (not to exceed 100 sq.ft.)
- Window repairs
- Repair damaged studs
- Install smoke detectors (hardwired and interconnected)
- Install carbon monoxide detectors
- Repair existing interior stairs and/or steps to original condition
- Repair ceiling, wall covering, and/or insulation
- Repair existing fireplace
- Repair porch
- Repair electrical (separate permit required)
- Repair plumbing (separate permit required)
- Repair mechanical (separate permit required)
A structural inspection is required to ensure the scope of work is not exceeded. A go-by inspection will be scheduled automatically if an inspection is not requested within a certain timeframe. Continue to use the One-stop application process for other repair items not listed above, and for repairs to residences in the floodplain or historical districts.
If you submitted an application for residential repairs prior to Oct. 18 and are still pending review, please continue in the current process. Refunds are not available.
For questions about the new application process, please contact Plan Review at 832.394.8820.