If impact fees were paid but development never occurred, the capacity may be transferred from one property owner to the new owner of the same site through a Name Transfer Application.
Upon completion of the transfer, a new Wastewater Capacity Application will be needed to be submitted
All name transfer applications must be notarized and signed by both the previous and current property owners and accompanied with:
- Proof of ownership: a recorded deed, title report, title option or title insurance policy for the property.
- Copy of the Wastewater Capacity Reservation (WCR) Letter
- Impact Fee or Capital Recovery Charge Receipts
- Site plan of the land under consideration
- Processing fee in the form of a check or money order (Make payable to the City of Houston).
Effective June 1, 2020, the Impact Fee Administration section will operate by appointment only, with a paperless policy. For the safety of our customers and employees, we will not accept paper documents at scheduled appointments.
- Email the completed application and supporting documents to: [email protected]
- Schedule an appointment with an Impact Fee Administration manager or supervisor by email or phone:
Effective June 1, 2020, all Name Transfer applications must be submitted via email.