Wastewater Capacity Reservation Name Transfer
Instrument Reference Number
Areas of Interest
Once transferred valid until wastewater capacity is used.
12 business days
If impact fees were paid but development never occurred, the capacity may be transferred from one property owner to the new owner of the same site through a Name Transfer Application.
Upon completion of the transfer, a new Wastewater Capacity Application will be needed to be submitted
Apply What you need
All name transfer applications must be notarized and signed by both the previous and current property owners and accompanied with:
- Proof of ownership: a recorded deed, title report, title option or title insurance policy for the property.
- Copy of the Wastewater Capacity Reservation (WCR) Letter
- Impact Fee or Capital Recovery Charge Receipts
- Site plan of the land under consideration
- Processing fee in the form of a check or money order (Make payable to the City of Houston).
Apply Online Steps
Effective June 1, 2020, the Impact Fee Administration section will operate by appointment only, with a paperless policy. For the safety of our customers and employees, we will not accept paper documents at scheduled appointments.
- Email the completed application and supporting documents to: [email protected]
- Schedule an appointment with an Impact Fee Administration manager or supervisor by email or phone:
- [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]
- Call 832.394.8888 and ask to speak with Erica Montano, Ava Mickle, Nikkia Thomas, or Deidre VanLangen.
Apply in Person Steps
Effective June 1, 2020, all Name Transfer applications must be submitted via email.