Floodplain Management Office
1002 Washington Ave., 3rd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Flood damage repair includes the replacement of materials ("like for like") to structures affected by a flooding event. Improvements to be made are wholly contained within the footprint of an existing structure. To be considered non-substantial, the total cost of the repairs must be less than 50% of the structure's appraised value (for properties located in Zone A, AO or AE).
Applicant must pay for permit prior to construction.
Permit must be kept on premises in public view, facing the right of way.
Pre-construction and final inspections are conducted.
1. Floodplain development permit is not complete until signed,
2. Violations of the permit will be subject to citations as provided per Chapter 19 of the Code of Ordinances.
3. Fees may vary depending on acreage size and if the parcel is located in a conveyance zone or the floodway.
Development permit fees may vary depending on acreage size and if the parcel is located in a conveyance zone or the floodway. See the City Fee Schedule and search for "flood plain" for more details.
1. Building permit application
2. One of the following (if located in Zone A, AO, or AE):
- Signed, sealed, itemized cost estimate provided by a professional engineer or architect or signed, sealed, itemized cost estimate notarized by the property owner and contractor with HCAD summary or appraisal signed by a licensed real estate appraiser
- Elevation certificate demonstrating that the structure is compliant by elevation per the Chapter 19 ordinance
Applicant can use Project Dox to submit online
1. Upload all required documents and drawings
2. Mark complete the assigned task.
A copy of the approved plans and permit onsite.
Final Floodplain Inspection
A copy of the approved plans onsite.
Enter the appropriate project number and click the Submit button.
In Person: (832) 394-885
Automated: (713) 222-9922