Commercial/multi-family remodel, repair, and/or conversion include the interior alterations of a commercial and/or multi-family building. Improvements to be made are wholly contained within the footprint of an existing structure. This does NOT include footprint addition to the building. To be considered non-substantial, the total cost of the remodel, repair and/or conversion must be less than 50% of the structure's appraised value.
Applicant must pay for permit prior to construction. Permit must be kept on premises in public view, facing the right of way. Pre-construction and final inspections are conducted.
1. Floodplain development permit is not complete until signed.
2. Violations of the permit will be subject to citations as provided per Chapter 19 of the Code of Ordinances.
3. Fees may vary depending on acreage size and if the parcel is located in a conveyance zone or the floodway.
Development permit fees may vary depending on acreage size and if the parcel is located in a conveyance zone or the floodway. See the City Fee Schedule and search for "flood plain" for more details.
1. Building permit application
2. Either of the following:
- Signed, sealed, itemized cost estimate provided by a professional engineer or architect -OR- signed, sealed, itemized cost estimate notarized by owner and contractor -WITH- HCAD summary -OR- appraisal signed by a licensed real estate appraiser.
- Elevation certificate demonstrating that the structure is compliant by elevation per Chapter 19 ordinance.
Applicant can use Project Dox to submit online 1. Upload all required documents and drawings 2. Mark complete the assigned task.
Two copies of plans/documentation can either be walked thru, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm OR submitted at the permit counter
1. Pre-Construction Inspection: a. A copy of the approved plans and permit onsite. 2. Final Floodplain Inspection: a. A copy of the approved plans onsite.
Enter the appropriate project number and click the Submit button.
In Person: (832) 394-885 Automated: (713) 222-9922