1002 Washington Ave., 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
A Boiler Operator Permit is required to operate low-pressure boilers and power boilers up to 1,676,000 BTU. These boilers may be operated by either a stationary engineer or by permitted boiler operator.
Permits must be kept on premises. Annual, non-scheduled/unannounced inspections are conducted. Renewal notices are sent out 90 days prior to expiration date of December 31st of the year.
Plan review may be required depending on the scope of work. This permit is not transferable. This permit is only good for a specific address only. Please note that the permit becomes null and void when an operator separates from an employer.
Individuals seeking a Boiler Operators permit must be a Bonafide employee of the company or owner of the boiler.
To apply for a Boiler Operator’s permit:
- Complete the Boiler Operator Permit On-Site Exam Request Form (CE-1371) and the Registration Form for Non-Licensed User Accounts (CE-1356). Submit the documents via email at [email protected]
- A boiler inspector will contact the owner/manager to schedule an appointment to proctor exam on site.
- Applicant takes exam and receives the results via email after the Boiler Board grades it.
- Pay any applicable fees online via iPermits Portal once you receive your user account information and shopping cart number.
- The permit will be mailed out.
Inspections are done annually and are unannounced. No action is needed by the permit holder.
A renewal notice is mailed 90 days prior to the expiration date. It is the responsibility of the licensee to contact the Mechanical Section for a notice.
To renew your permit by mail, please mail a copy of your invoice and a payment in the form of check, money order, or cashier's check to:
HPC Mechanical Section
PO Box 2688
Houston, Texas 77252
Must pay for late fees.