1002 Washington Ave., 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
A Boiler Operator Permit is required to operate low-pressure boilers and power boilers up to 1,676,000 BTU. These boilers may be operated by either a stationary engineer or by permitted boiler operator.
Permits must be kept on premises. Annual, non-scheduled/unannounced inspections are conducted. Renewal notices are sent out 90 days prior to expiration date of December 31st of the year.
This permit is not transferable. This permit is only good for a specific address only. Please note that the permit becomes null and void when an operator separates from an employer.
Applicants for a Boiler Operator Permit must:
- Provide the full name of the operator,
- Provide the address where the boiler is located,
- Be a bonafide employee of the company in question, and
- Be able to pass a 10 question safety test with a score of 70% or better.
To apply for a permit in person, please stop by our main office located at 1002 Washington Avenue, 4th floor, Houston, Texas 77002.
To schedule an inspection online:
1. Access our scheduling website through the link below.
2. Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click the submit button.
3. Select the type of inspection that you wish to schedule and click the submit button.
4. Enter your license number (enter digits only) and PIN.
To schedule an inspection with our Interactive Response System, please call (713) 222-9922. To save time, please have your project number and scheduling PIN available.
To obtain an inspection on a project, the mechanical contractor's license, insurance and registration must be in good standing.
A renewal notice is mailed 90 days prior to the expiration date. It is the responsibility of the licensee to contact the Mechanical Section for a notice.
To renew your permit in person, please stop by our main office located at 1002 Washington Avenue, 4th floor, Houston, Texas 77002.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8am and 4pm (Except city holidays).
To renew your permit by mail, please mail a copy of your invoice and a payment in the form of check, money order, or cashier's check to:
HPC Mechanical Section
PO Box 2688
Houston, Texas 77252
Must pay for late fees.