Identity Verification Unit
1002 Washington Ave., Basement
Houston, TX 77002
The Houston Police Department’s Identity Verification Unit provides FBI fingerprint cards for local, state, and national background information. Fingerprint cards are only available in ink.
Electronic fingerprint requests should be applied for with a private fingerprinting service or company.
A "set of fingerprints" is considered one fingerprint card. Applicants with warrants will be arrested on site.
- Government-issued ID with a photo or a valid passport with a photo
- Method of payment: cash, check, cashier's check, money order, or debit/credit card
- Bring the completed application, supporting documents and payment to the Houston Permitting Center.
- Obtain a numbered ticket from the Information Desk and make your way to the basement.
- Scan your ticket at the reception desk to activate your place in line. Please wait in the lobby until your number is called.
Payment is made at the Cashier Station on the first floor.