Food Safety and Inspection Program
1002 Washington Ave, 3rd floor
Houston, TX 77002
Inspections and Permits:
8000 North Stadium Dr., 2nd floor
Houston, TX 77054
Food establishment means an operation that stores, prepares, packages, serves, vends, or otherwise provides food for human consumption and includes all food service establishments, warehouses, packaged-food-only food establishments, food processing establishments, and commissaries.
Permit must be kept on premises in public view. Non-scheduled/unannounced inspections are conducted. Renewal invoices are sent 30-45 days prior to expiration date.
For new construction, change of use, and remodel or renovation, complete a Building Permit application and Deed Restrictions declaration form
1. Log in or create an iPermits account 2. Complete building permit application 3. Submit pay application fees. 4. Receive email invitation to upload plans.
Apply in person at HPC 1002 Washington (77002)
Procedure is for new construction. Procedure for change of owner without remodeling is different.
Plan review is required for new construction or extensive remodeling. 1. Two complete plan sets if submitting by paper
1. Once fees are paid, you will receive an invitation to upload plans into ProjectDox 2. Upload all required documents and drawings 3. Mark complete the assigned task.
1. Submit plans at the permit counter. Plans will be routed to the Health Department. 2. Customer will be notified when plans are ready for pickup. 3. Re-submittals are accepted on the 3rd floor window.
1. Once construction is completed, a preoperational inspection is required. 2. If corrections are required, call 832.393.5100 for a reinspection. 3. If inspection is passed then an operating permit is invoiced and processed when payment is received.
To request an inspection or re-inspection, call 832-393-5100. Customer will be notified the day of inspection as to timeslot of inspection.
To request an inspection via email: [email protected]
1. A renewal invoice is mailed 30-45 days prior to the expiration date. It is the responsibility of the owner/operator to contact the Health Department prior to expiration date if an invoice is not received.
1. Click the Pay Now link; 2. Accepted forms of payment are credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) 3. Once payment is received, the permit will be mailed to the address on file.
8000 N. Stadium, Houston, TX 77054, 1st floor or at 1002 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77002 (permit is mailed if at HPC)
1. Fill out the bottom of the invoice and include the check (money order, cashier check, business check) to P.O. Box 300008, Houston, TX 77230-008; Once payment is processed a permit will be mailed to the address on file.
Any outstanding balances must be paid prior to or at the same time the permit is renewed. A zero due balance is required to generate the invoice.