Jitney zones are the zones the operator intends to operate their jitney vehicle. Zones may include airport facilities, which proof shall be submitted with the zone filing. Zones are not exclusive.
Approval is sent via email to customer that the zone is approved.
May require review by the City's Traffic Engineer, depending on size and location of zone.
Zone amendments require new filing.
- Map of requested zone must be submitted prior to operation.
- Approved AUP3 form, if the requested zone includes airport facilities (The AUP3 form must be picked up in person at the Intercontinental Airport Ground Transportation Office.)
- Method of payment: cash, check, cashier’s check, money order, or debit/credit card
- Bring the map and payment to the Houston Permitting Center.
- Obtain a numbered ticket from the Information Desk. Please wait in the lobby until your number is called.