1002 Washington Ave., 1st Floor
Houston, TX 77002
PO Box 2688
Houston, TX 77252-2688
For all temporary use of an existing building or space. Request may only by a Division Manager or higher.
An original Temporary Certificate of Occupancy must be posted in a clear visible place on the premises. Certificate will only be issued to original applicant or the applicant's designated agent along with a letter on company letterhead stating that the agent can pickup the certificate. The applicant must include the project number in the body of the letter.
Approval is required prior to processing application.
- Inspection: $447.29
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy: $103.08
- Overtime inspection (if requested): $1,073.32
Total estimated fee: $1,624.39
Additional Houston Fire Department fees may apply.
- A completed application (form CE-1045) and declaration.
- Site map outlining the propose temporary location, including exit signs and means of egress.
Bring the completed application to Occupancy Inspection, located at 1002 Washington Ave. 1st floor, Houston, Texas 77002.
Occupancy Inspection is open Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
All trades must be approved prior to receiving the Temporary Certificate.
- Access to all areas of the space that will be used temporary.
To schedule an inspection, call 832-394-8880.
Payment must be made the day application is processed; if payment is not made inspection will be cancelled.