Residential Roofing Permit
Instrument Reference Number
See City of Houston fee schedule
10 Business Day
Permit for a re-roof or roofing overlay for a residence structure.
Permit must be kept on site until final approval is granted.
Apply What you need
Apply Online Steps
1. Log in or create an iPermits account at: https://www.hpceservices.org/
2. Email required documents to [email protected]
3. Once the application is processed, you will receive a sales order via email.
4. Pay for the permit online
Plan Review What you need
Plan Review Link
Plan Review Conditions & Exceptions
- If the project involves changing the supporting roof structure, two complete sets of plans must be submitted in addition to the items listed above.
- Roof covering that does not exceed 100 square feet is exempt from a permit.
Inspection What you need
Permit and worksheet are required to be on-site for the inspection. If corrections are required, call 832-394-8840 for a reinspection.
Inspection Schedule by Phone Steps
To schedule inspections, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922 or the Structural Inspections group at 832-394-8840.
Inspection Schedule Online Steps
Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click Submit button.
Inspection Schedule Link