Frozen Dessert - Annual permit
A frozen dessert permit is issued during routine or pre-opening inspection when the inspector determines the presence of a soft serve ice cream or slushy, or similar machine for the manufacture and retail sale of a frozen dessert product.
The Department may routinely or randomly acquire samples from frozen dessert machines for laboratory analysis.
- Existing food dealers permit or mobile food unit medallion
- If you are an applicant for a food dealer’s permit, you must disclose during the pre-operational inspection if you plan to use a frozen dessert machine in your food establishment or mobile unit to freeze or partially freeze and dispense frozen desserts for retail sale or distribution. You must make application for a frozen desserts retail establishment permit at the time of inspection.
A renewal invoice is mailed 30-45 days prior to the expiration date.
It is the responsibility of the owner/operator to contact the Health Department prior to expiration date if an invoice is not received.
To pay the invoice in person, visit the following locations:
Houston Health Department
8000 N. Stadium Dr., 1st floor
Houston, TX 77054
Houston Permitting Center (permit is mailed if at HPC)
1002 Washington Ave.
Houston, TX 77002
To pay the invoice by mail:
- Fill out the bottom of the invoice and include the check (money order, cashier check, business check) to
PO Box 300008
Houston, TX 77230-008
- Once payment is processed a permit will be mailed to the address on file.
To pay the invoice online:
- Click the Pay Now link
- Accepted forms of payment are credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover)
- Once payment is received, the permit will be mailed to the address on file.
Any outstanding balances must be paid prior to or at the same time the permit is renewed. A zero due balance is required to generate the invoice.