Additional Commercial Structural Permit
Instrument Reference Number
Areas of Interest
See City of Houston fee schedule
15 Business Days
This permit is issued when an additional structural permit is required for a structure.
Permit must be kept on premises until the final inspection.
Apply What you need
- Building Permit Application
Apply Online Steps
- Log in or create an iPermits account
- Complete building permit application
- Pay plan review fee(s)
- Receive email invitation to upload plans
Apply Conditions & Exceptions
May require approval by any or all of the following groups based on scope or other conditions:
- Fire Marshal
Apply Additional Resources
Plan Review What you need
- Building Permit Application and Complete Set of Plans Uploaded.
- Commercial prerequisite checklist
- Based on the scope of the work architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler/standpipe, fire alarm, and fire-suppression drawings may be required.
Plan Review Submit Online Steps
Once application is approved and the plan review fee (PX) has been paid, an email to upload and submit plans will be sent to the applicant.
Plan Review Link
Plan Review Conditions & Exceptions
Plans must be submitted for review by all applicable departments.
Plan Review Additional Resources
Inspection What you need
S1 permit (if required) is required to be on-site for the inspection. If corrections are required, call 832-394-8840 for reinspection.
Inspection Schedule by Phone Steps
To schedule inspections, contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 713-222-9922.
Inspection Schedule Online Steps
Enter the appropriate project number into the field and click Submit button.
Inspection Schedule Link