Alcoholic Beverage Premises Permit - Location Review
Alcoholic beverage means alcohol, or any beverage containing more than 0.5% of alcohol by volume, which is capable of use for beverage purposes, either alone or when diluted.
Permit means any permit issued pursuant to the TABC, except any of the following:
- agent's, airline beverage, industrial, carrier's, private carriers, private club registration, local cartage, storage, and temporary wine and beer retailer's permits;
- wine and beer retailer's permit issued for a dining buffet or club car;
- a mixed beverage permit during the three-year period following issuance of the permit.
After the location has been determined eligible and the certification document has been issued, the applicant has less than 60 days to obtain the City Secretary's execution of the application.
If a location is determined to be ineligible, the applicant will receive written notification detailing the reasons for the denial. Onsite review is conducted to determine eligibility of location and authorize City Secretary to execute application.
Non-routine applications may require submission of other documents to support location eligibility.
- Bring the required document to the Houston Permitting Center.
- Obtain a numbered ticket from the Information Desk. Please wait in the lobby until your number is called.
Mail the required document to:
Administration & Regulatory Affairs Department
Commercial Permitting & Enforcement Section
PO Box 1561
Houston, TX 77251-1561
Fax the required document to 832-395-9630.
A location review is required for:
- A new location and applicant
- An existing location but new applicant
- A change in license or permit location
- Adding other categories to an existing location
Onsite review of the location requires the address to be posted at the proposed entrance to the establishment. If location is in pre-development stage, call 832-394-8803 for instructions.