Licensed Sign Contractor
Any person or company engaging in exterior sign work for others.
- Sign Contractor License Application
- Construction Bond Affidavit
- Removal Bond Affidavit
- Proof of Insurance and Endorsement
- Obtain a ticket for Sign Administration from one of the four kiosks located on the 1st floor at 1002 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77002.
- Proceed to the 4th floor and scan ticket to be placed in the queue.
- Once number is called, submit application packet to the licensing contact.
- Receive a sales order and proceed to cashier station to pay fees or charge to the APA if available.
A relationship (dedicated or contract) with a Sign Master Electrician registered with the Electrical Inspections Division is also required if the company will be installing electrical signs.
- Thirty (30) days prior to the renewal date, an invoice will be mailed to the billing address listed on the application.
- Submit payment.
- Receive renewal certificate via mail.
- Return the invoice amount by check (money order, cashier check, business check) to
City of Houston - Sign Administration
P.O. Box 2688
Houston, TX 77252-2688
- Once the payment is processed, a permit receipt will be mailed to the address on file.
Sign Operating Permits renew annually & are invoiced via mail. Renewals cannot be billed or paid in advance of annual invoicing. Late payments may incur additional fees. To pay sign operating permit renewals online click here.