Open Record Request Process:
- Aug 24, 2020 the Open Records department began receiving open record requests on www.houstontx.gov/publicinformation. Any written requests for open records (electronic, mail, fax) will be accepted.
- All requests will be submitted in GOVQA either by the customer or the Open Records department.
- Open records will be open to the public, for viewing or to pick up records each Wednesday by appointment only. Customers can schedule an appointment at https://cohcal.cxmflow.com/.
- Open Records can retrieve copies of plans for customers through a written request. Customer's may also retrieve their plans through Project Documents.
- Open Records does not have scanned copies of actual permits or occupancy loads. We do have the history, plans (dependent on year), and multiple reports (construction, elevator, etc).
If you have any questions please call the Open Records department at: 832-394-8800.